Recruiter Tips: Video Interview Success
Given the impact of COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, it’s likely that your next interview could be a video interview. Make sure you’re ready by following these tips for making your video interview successful.
- Dress for success: Make sure you dress as you would for an in-person interview. Professional attire is always the best practice when going to an interview and nothing should be different when doing a video interview.
- Test out the technology: Make sure you test everything out a day or two before the interview. That way you won’t have to panic the day of, should something were to go wrong.
- Early Bird Gets the Worm: Make sure you log in at least 10-15 minutes prior to the interview. It also helps to have a printout of your resume (if possible), the job description, and something to take notes just as you would for an in-person interview.
- Eye Contact & Firmly Speaking: With Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc. sometimes it can be distracting if someone is speaking too softly or mumbling. Remember that sometimes technology is not full proof so do your part to speak loud enough and to speak clearly. Also, be cognizant of where you are looking, it is a good idea to look into the camera and not just the screen.
- Right Environment: Utilize a location in your home that is free from background noises, distractions, etc. Just as important make sure the background of where you will be sitting is presentable. Avoid having the camera face an area that is cluttered or has poor lighting. Do your part to also shut off any potential distractions; phone, email, tv, etc.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and we are here for you! Contact our team of professionals today to get you set up for success!