A Manufacturing and Distributing company in Atlanta contacted Extrinsic at the start of the first phase of their S4 HANA implementation. They needed support for their internal SAP ECC systems while they made the transition to S4 HANA. This support included an extremely large volume of tickets, minor enhancements, and configuration work.
Extrinsic identified three SAP resources (one SAP SD consultant and two SAP Vistex consultants) and the client brought them all on for the project.
SAP Vistex Consultant 1:
- Over 12 years of experience in SAP R/3 configuration and implementation in the area of Vistex Billback, Rebates, Chargeback, Sales Incentives, Sales and Distribution and knowledge of ABAP
- Experience in full cycle implementations of R/3
- Strong experience in SAP involved primarily in process mappings, designing and configuration of SAP R/3 systems
- Experience in configuration, customization, and/or testing of master data in SD & MM, Account Groups, documentation, determination procedures, pricing functionalities, etc. per client
- Experience with ASAP implementation methodology involving all phases of SAP implementation life cycle from initial project planning and scoping through Gap analysis, customizations, Go-Live, Post-Live Production support, user training, and Documentation
- Excellent technical, analytical, presentation, communication and leadership skills
- Strong team player and very good in interacting with business users and functional and technical teams to meet the project deadlines
SAP Vistex Consultant 2:
- Over 13 years of experience in SAP SD/MM/FICO and Vistex
- Specializes in SAP order-to-cash and end-to-end Vistex-enabled business processes
- Experience as a functional consultant in both Vistex IP, DMP, and S4 HANA
- Experience on full life cycle Vistex implementation projects, as well as the production support roles
- Experience in resolving bugs in deployment codes, formula builder, new matrix, claims, transaction register, flexible groups, price book and price catalog
- Can deliver functional specification documents, technical specification documents, requirements traceability, and business requirements documents
- Good understanding and experience of the integration points between SD, FI, and Vistex
- Strong experience in configuring Vistex IP Modules, Customer Rebates, Purchase Rebates, Chargebacks, and
- Sales Incentive payment in these areas: Agreement/Deal, Master Data (Customer, Vendor and Material), and IP module
- Good understanding of ABAP including debugging and coding small pricing routines
SAP SD Consultant:
- Over 16 years’ experience as an SAP Certified Consultant with a solid knowledge base in Sales and Distribution, and S4 HANA, along with appropriate integration of other SAP modules: MM/WM/PP/FICO/BW/PS/VMS/AFS
- Provided strategic oversight on ten full cycle SAP ECC and S4 HANA implementation projects, including deployment, roll outs, upgrade, and data migration projects, along with production support and enhancement projects
- Equipped with hands-on industry and consulting experience, combined with in-depth understanding of best supply chain processes. Strong background in all project stages, Model company template, encompassing business development, requirements gathering, root cause analysis, problem resolution, and end-user training
- Experienced in designing functional specifications, developing UAT for stakeholders and highly adept at adopting processes to drive customer developments, functional testing, and integration testing
- Provided SAP Business user training to more than 500 users and created SOP documentation
- Great work ethic and strong commitment to excellence, complemented with innate ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously within fast-paced environment. Articulate communicator able to convey relevant information to professionals at all levels.
Actions & Solutions Delivered
Extrinsic’s consultants supported the client’s internal SAP ECC systems while they transitioned to S4 HANA by addressing and fixing ticket items in a timely fashion and working to identify issues within the system and making enhancements accordingly. These enhancements and the customization of their system to fit their business requirements severely lowered the workload of both the IT unit and business unit, enabling both units to be more productive.
The project finished on time and on budget, with each consultant staying on with the client for future projects and future phases of S4 HANA projects.