BG Staffing, Inc. Facts
- A multi-division, publicly traded workforce solutions firm.
- Led by functional business experts in light industrial, multifamily and information technology.
- Comprehensive services – from individual fill-ins and placements through turnkey solutions.
- Independent branch office operating model creates a scalable platform that facilitates expansion.
- The management, range of service and experience to drive profitable growth – for our temporary employees, our dedicated staff, our partner clients and the investors we serve.
In 2007 Taglich Brothers Private Equity Group purchased two light industrial offices in the Midwest, forming the foundation of BG Staffing, Inc. Although the offices maintained a strong client base, the desire of the investors was to expand the company in multiple areas of the staffing industry, offering clients the ability to work with one company for all their staffing needs.
In 2009, industry expert, L. Allen Baker Jr. was brought in as President and CEO to lead the company in growth through acquisition, while maintaining high standards of customer service to existing clients. Mr. Baker’s acquisition philosophy is one that not only brings financial growth, but unique and dedicated talent within the companies. His approach has led to a strong management team, with tenure and a desire to offer exceptional service to candidates, customers and investors.
BG Staffing, Inc.’s acquisitions include:
- 2010 – BG Personnel – Experts in Multifamily
- 2011 – Extrinsic – Experts in IT including SAP® and Oracle® ERP Solutions
- 2012 – American Partners – Experts in IT including Hyperion®, Oracle BI® and PeopleSoft®
- 2013 – InStaff – Experts in Light Industrial
L. Allen Baker, Jr. – President and CEO of BG Staffing, Inc.
Mr. Baker currently serves as President and CEO of BG Staffing, Inc., a national staffing firm with operations in 19 states and headquartered in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
He joined the board of directors of BG Staffing in October 2008 while serving as the Executive Vice President/CFO of a confections manufacturing company in Colorado. During his tenure at the confections manufacturing company, he led in the acquisition and integration of 2 other confection manufacturing companies and spearheaded the exit of the company to a private equity buyer.
He began serving as President and CEO of BG Staffing in April 2009. To date, Mr. Baker has successfully integrated 7 staffing brands under the BG Staffing umbrella. His previous experience includes 17 years in the staffing industry with a national, privately held staffing company headquartered in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, with operations in 43 states.
He has a BS degree in mathematics with a minor in computer information systems from West Texas State University and an MBA from the University of Dallas.
Michael Rutledge – CFO of BG Staffing, Inc.
Mr. Rutledge joined the company in September 2013. He has held executive management positions since 2005, having served as the Chief Financial Officer/Vice President of Finance of one public company and three private companies.
Mr. Rutledge began his career in public accounting at Ernst & Young LLP in Houston. He has a BBA in Accounting from Texas A&M.
Jamie Gile – Division President, BG Multifamily
Mr. Gile joined BG Multifamily in 1999 and currently serves as president. Jamie had worked in multiple positions with BG Staffing prior to becoming President in September 2013.
Mr. Gile graduated from Central Missouri State University in 1987 and worked for a Fortune 500 transportation firm in various capacities prior to joining BG Multifamily.
Michael Miller – Division President, Extrinsic
Mr. Miller joined the company through its acquisition of the IT Staffing firm Extrinsic. As one of Extrinsic’s founders and president, Mr. Miller developed Extrinsic from a concept to one of the fastest growing IT recruiting solutions organizations in North America.
Before starting Extrinsic, Mr. Miller served as the Senior Regional Vice President of Headway Corporate Resources’ southeastern division; was Co-Owner and Vice President/General Manager of HealthMate, Inc.; and served as Vice President at MedStaff National Medical Staffing, Inc.
Mr. Miller holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in business management from North Carolina State University.
Tom Leonard – Division President, American Partners
Mr. Leonard joined the company in December of 2012 through its acquisition of the IT Staffing firm American Partners, Inc. Prior to its acquisition, he was the company’s president and one of its founders.
Before starting American Partners, Inc., Mr. Leonard was a founding partner of The Jotorok Group, which was listed as one of the ten fastest growing IT recruitment firms in the US in the early 2000’s, and later merged with K2 Partnering Solutions.
Mr. Leonard has twenty years of experience in the staffing industry. He is a Certified Personnel Consultant and graduated from North Adams State College with a BS in Marketing and Management.
Beth Garvey – Division President, InStaff
Ms. Garvey started at InStaff in 1998 as Director of Human Resources and quickly rose through the ranks – serving as Director of Operations, VP of Operations, Senior VP of Operations, COO and ultimately CEO.
Ms. Garvey currently serves on the Advisory Board for and the Dallas Regional Chamber and the Board of Directors for the Texas Association of Business. She is also currently serving on the Executive Committee for the Dallas Executive Women’s Roundtable.
Strategic Solutions. Specialized Experts. Profitable Growth.
Four specialized, full-service divisions, each poised for growth in the industries they serve:
- BG Multifamily. Flexible staffing solutions for the Multifamily industry.
- Extrinsic – Global Solutions IT Workforce Solutions. SAP®. Oracle®. Microsoft®.
- American Partners – BI and Enterprise Performance Management. Hyperion®, Oracle BI® and PeopleSoft®
- InStaff – Light Industrial Staffing. Scalable, 24/7 workforce solutions.
InStaff Light Industrial Division
Comprehensive light industrial workforce solutions, built around building successful client partnerships.
- We’re here for you. Temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire services to meet production demands while controlling overhead.
- Dependable and Reliable commitment: Simplify workforce management and enhance safety with 24/7 order fulfillment, on-site management teams, advanced reporting and a focus on understanding our customers business.
- Create sustainable competitive advantage. Our specialized experts understand your business. We speak your language. We can show you how to use staffing to be more agile, productive and efficient.
Become a Part of a Partnership with Purpose.
Learn More About InStaff.
American Partners IT Division
Hyperion®, Oracle BI®, PeopleSoft®
Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management and ERP professionals deliver insights that drive performance.
- Flexible access to specialized talent. Expert advisors. Staff augmentation. Direct hire solutions. Get the right resources you need to complete projects on-time and on-budget, or grow your team.
- Build a better bottom line. Leverage our expertise to get the intelligence you need to make smarter business decisions – and enhance profitability.
- Work with the market leader. Led by a management team with an average of over 15 years of industry experience, API has become the recognized leader in BI and Enterprise Performance Management professional staffing and recruitment.
Put our experience and experts to work for you.
Learn More About American Partners.
Extrinsic IT Division
SAP® and Oracle® ERP Solutions
Global ERP workforce solutions for Fortune 500 clients.
- Simplify ERP workforce management. Comprehensive solutions include: independent consultant sourcing, staff augmentation, direct placement and turnkey solutions for ERP and IT projects.
- Get the right resources, faster. Flexible, on-demand access to specialized experts for support, upgrades and implementations – even those with hard-to-find skill sets.
- Enhance your ROI. A highly trained talent network. An experienced leadership team of functional and business experts. A business model that anticipates your needs. We combine these elements to deliver a premium level of quality, performance and overall value.
Get the resources – and results – you demand.
Learn More About Extrinsic.
BG Multifamily Division
Staffing solutions drive profitable growth for premier Multifamily industry employers.
- Flexible access to reliable people. Temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and payrolling services to meet your demand for talent while controlling overhead.
- “Always On” solution. Simplify workforce management and enhance safety with 24/7 order fulfillment, daily check-ins, advanced reporting and site safety reviews.
- Industry leaders. Serving the Multifamily industry for over 25 years, we know how and where to source all levels of personnel – from maintenance staff to front office support to high-level leasing managers.